Sunday, November 6



Simple Beauty

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." - Ernest Hemingway

A wise family counselor once told me that balance is critical to human health and happiness. She suggested a way to maintain balance in my marriage. When my husband and I arrive home from work each evening, we mention only one "worst" thing and we must find one "best" thing in our day to discuss. This technique clears the emotional "air" and then we move on to the present moment. It really works and some days, we don't even mention the "worst" of our day!

Today, my "Christmas" plant bloomed early! This is one of many wonderful things that has happened today - so far nothing in the "worst" category! (I haven't read the news today, though, and maybe I'll read something else and keep the positive momentum going.)

May all beings know love and peace and see the wonder in simple beauty today!