Wednesday, May 17



A Prayer for Healing

Help me to realize, O God,
That though healing and curing
Are not necessarily the same,
It is healing that makes me whole.
Heal me, then, O Lord.
Breathe into me, Your peace.
Comfort me with Your love
And help me to know that
You are always with me.

Janet, my lovely friend in the horizontal stripes above, is very ill. She is battling cancer and has become very weak from almost a year of radiation and chemo therapy. She has the love and support of her husband, Tim, and of her children and friends, and she is so easy to love.

She is a long time Los Angeles Dodgers fan. I remember one ball game that we attended a few years ago. KC and the Sunshine Band and the Commodores played in the Stadium after the game. I don't remember who the Dodgers played or if they won or lost, I just remember Janet dancing in the aisles and generating happiness with each laugh. She loved to organize wonderful "brunches" and get togethers after work and would be doing her thing right now if she felt better. She's so much fun.

I pray that she is cured of her cancer and she regains her zest and laughter. I pray that she is healed and made whole in body and spirit regardless of where this illness takes her. She is living love and a blessing.

Update on July 10, 2006: My beloved friend, Janet, passed away at 6 am this morning. Her husband was with her. I miss her physical presence already but her laughter, love and friendship will always be a part of me.