Saturday, January 6

You Are What You Think




"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Meditations
Roman Emperor, A.D. 161-180 (121 AD - 180 AD)

It's New Year resolution time again. And, I'll probably resolve to lose weight, learn something challenging, make more money, and plant stuff - same as last year. The operative phrase is "I'll probably." Not a lot of resolution in this statement and not worth any effort in its present form.

What I need to do is clarify my goals and work backwards, listing only those challenges that are at least fifty percent "do-able." Then, create a vision of the results and make a plan. The plan will include short-term goals, a long term timetable, and a plan to "tame the wild mind."

I recognize the truth and value in Marcus Aurelius' wisdom. I am what I think, and now is the time to develop a positive, life affirming and success oriented attitude. I want a strong mind in a strong body. Just writing this goal is exciting.

May all people know strength in mind and body!