Sunday, April 8

Requiem for an Avocado Plant


Well, I am not a good gardener. The pretty little avocado plant that I grew on my windowsill from a seed is dead. It was drown in the last Los Angeles rainstorm and all attempts to revive, resurrect, rejuvenate the little guy were failures! I took a look at it this morning, hoping that the miracle of the resurrection might resonate with the spindly, dried out carcass of this avocado plant, but the lights are out and nobody's home in there.
I suppose the energy of every life form never really leaves the universe. It infuses every structure and being with the urge to create, to regenerate, to contribute and so much more. Today is a good day to think about this transformation or resurrection and reflect on the profound lessons and example of Christ and nature.
May all beings know love and peace.