Monday, February 22

Self Will Run Riot

Beyond Hope - Hope, Arizona

Walking the Talk - Sedona, Arizona

Power of Connection - Granada Hills, CA


"My experience has been that when I am unwilling to ask for help, and I insist that I can do it all myself, I'm just a drunk talking to a crazy person." - Anonymous

Hopelessness is a very sad thing. I deal with this beast every now and then, especially when I turn my troubles over to myself instead of turning myself, and especially my self will, over to god. It is one thing to intellectualize a conscious connection to god and even see it in my mind's eye. It is another thing to take the actions needed to follow through, to act, to be connected to a power greater than myself whether it be god or another person or a group of people.

The "other thing" needed besides intellect is will or willingness. I have plenty of self will, lots of self sufficiency, a real need for privacy, and all the pride of a marine corp battalion. I'm willing too. Willing to suffer the loneliness, isolation, stagnation, slings and arrows of self will, but unwilling to take the simple actions required to connect with the power of god or another person and find the strength to be free. Two can carry the burden easier and better than one and I know the other person has her hand out, waiting for me to stop being ashamed, afraid, resistant, and crazy. I know this. I am willing and I need to learn to make the connection, plug into the power, turn on the "make it work" switch and become part of the solution.

"If faith without works is dead, willingness without action is fantasy."
- Anonymous (a very wise person)