Thursday, May 17

She Works Hard for the Money



My friends and I were just listening to singer-songwriter,  Donna Summer, loving her powerful and expressive voice.  She was beautiful, classy and fun.  Her songs not only made me want to dance, but sent a message that no matter how hard a woman works for the money, or how lonely and sad she may be, life is good.  When I think of her, I see a dazzling smile, an open and positive force, moving with grace and power, and filling the air with song. 

I am so sad that at 63 years of age, she has been silenced by lung cancer. Another reason to hate this terrible disease.

May all beings know love, peace, and Donna Summer's music.


Postscript:  Today, (Sunday, May 20, 2012) Robin Gibb, one of the lead singers of the BeeGees died of colorectal cancer at the age of 62.