Sunday, June 1

Progress



I am amazed at how quickly one becomes used to grit. Work on adding a second bathroom is progressing. We've passed two inspections, one for rough plumbing and electrical and one for ?wallboard ? Not really sure about the second one, but things went without a hitch. The workers are fast and steady. They try to be as neat and considerate as is possible while maintaining the pace, but .... GRIT, plaster dust, wallboard crud, muddy shoe prints and other even less pleasant residue permeate my residence. Fortunately, I have work to do and places to go to avoid constant close contact with the dirt. I am also fortunate to have family and friends who know how to do stuff like this and they reassure me that the worst is over and hallelujah time is nearing.

In some ways, I am convinced that these messy and necessary projects bind my husband and me together. We really enjoy projects and the bickering, compromising, stretching, groaning and accomplishment that goes along with each one of them. It seems like this energy spills over into other areas of our lives and gets us thinking about possibilities - that "can do" spirit I suppose. Anyway, the rubber duckie will soon have a new home and cleanliness will reign supreme again!